Thursday, December 3, 2009









I found this piece very interesting. Unfortunately, I took these as I was being dragged out the door by an impatient 5 year old, who wanted nothing more than to select a pound of colorful M&M's from the store in Times Square, and was unable to get the name of the artist. I found it fascinating how essentially, the "strokes" or at least, the application of the paint to the paper, really was, at first glance, nothing more than paint dripping down the paper. However, when you get farther away from the painting, it resembles a very clear face.









This Andy Warhol was very cool to see as well. I've seen a lot of these paintings, and art in pictures, magazines and other references to pop culture/icons, but I never realized there were so many. I was under the impression that there was only the one "Tomato Soup." So, that was quite a discovery for me.









1 comment:

  1. Nancy,

    The class requires you to visit 6 museums and post 4 papers 750 - 1000 words each and 2 additional photo essays each with numerous images...

    So far, you have a total of 632 words, not very well organized as a paper, spread between all of your posts...

    ReplyDelete